No Spark

NDSSS

Cadet
Hi<br />Im looking at a 1968 Evinrude 100hp<br />model:100883B serial #: E03432X<br />There is No Spark at the plugs or Coil.<br />Compression on all 4 is 95 lbs not bad for it has been setting for about 8 years.<br />The way I read the manual is I should have DC voltage going into the pulse pack and I have none<br />If I disconnect the plug to the Pulse Pack I have about 9 volts DC and connected there is none <br />(zero).<br /> The recitfer looks like it was on FIRE as it is no longer there. As the wires near were it should be are brittle. Could the rectifer have taken out the pulse pack?<br />The pickup sensor under the flywheel read 5 ohms amd the manual says 4-6 ohms so I am assuming it to be good.<br />Is it worth the money to fix it or look for a new (updated) boat and motor,as the asking price is under $500.00<br />I have not checked the lower unit yet as I want to make sure it will run first<br /> Any help will be useful.

marinemech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: No Spark

my advice is to walk away old style battery cd system on that motor parts are expensive and some are nla