No Spark on # 6

24gradyexp

Cadet
Engine 1999 250 EFI s/n 0G899xxx.<br />Switched coils (not just the wires) with cyl # 4 to prove coil was good\bad and coil from #6 fired on #4, coil from 4 did not fire on 6. Stator or ECM? I put a meter on wires from stator and get readings 1.1k on most coils except for the one to six, that reads open. I spun flywheel over to make sure magnet would have no affect and the coil still reads open. Are there any other tests I can do on the Stator to prove it is bad before I pull the flywheel off and replace it?<br /><br />Thanks

andy6374

Lieutenant Commander
Re: No Spark on # 6

Try just swaping the wires at one of the switchboxes. That is, switch the lead that runs from the switchbox to coil 6 with the lead that runs from the switchbox to coil 4 (without swapping the coils). If the spark jumps, then your switchbox is bad and needs to be replaced.<br /><br />Also disconnect the blk/wht wire connecting the switchboxes. If spark returns to #6, then it is the switchbox that had all cylinders firing that is at fault.<br /><br />-andy

24gradyexp

Cadet
Re: No Spark on # 6

Switch Box Where is it located I have 4 wires that connect to each coil Black, Black Yellow (on all coils). This one has Green Green\White with the solid green going to the 6 wire connection for the stator, green white going to the ECM