No spark, desperate!

Water Hole

Cadet
1975 50hp Evinrude. Replaced everything. Trigger, stator, power pack, coils, spark plugs, and replacing ignition switch now. All the electronic parts I got used, so maybe they are bad too? The older stator was leaking so I replaced that first. No spark after replacing it. Anyway I need some help. Thanks for any advice. I have done some testing, but my electronic abilities are not very good.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Maybe the starter and your battery are not turning the flywheel fast at 250 + RPM to get the system to work. ?----Sorry , I am not there to see your motor.

Water Hole

Cadet
Good fuse. I have a Evinrude book for that year. I guess I will have to keep plugging along until I get it. Thanks for any help!

iggyw1

Master Chief Petty Officer
1975 50hp Evinrude. Replaced everything. Trigger, stator, power pack, coils, spark plugs, and replacing ignition switch now. All the electronic parts I got used, so maybe they are bad too? The older stator was leaking so I replaced that first. No spark after replacing it. Anyway I need some help. Thanks for any advice. I have done some testing, but my electronic abilities are not very good.
Try bypassing your kill switch. That may be the culprit not allowing a spark.

ct1762@gmail.com

Senior Chief Petty Officer
no he's saying disconnect the black/yellow wire at the pack. it could be grounding it out. but when you put the new stator on... nothing's rubbing the flywheel causing it to spin slower right? i wouldn't use a booster pack in the future... not good for the ignition. what you really need is a multimeter, and DVA adapter and the factory srvc. manual to troubleshoot what's wrong. most likely its either the pack, the charge coil in the stator or the sensor coil. if the charge coil is putting out 200+v, you know its either the pack or the sensor coil.

Water Hole

Cadet
I disconnected the black/yellow wire, still no spark. I have these tools and a factory manual. Ok, thanks for the advice, I will recheck the charge coil. And repost results.

Water Hole

Cadet
I checked my charge coil voltage from stator and it is only 45 volts, so I guess I will replace the stator/ charge coil and go from there. Thanks