No Smoking, Day 103

ndemge

Commander
Update on my support group....<br /><br />How is everyone doing on their changes for this year?<br /><br />I've now made it 103 days without so much as a DRAG off a smoke.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: No Smoking, Day 103

Way to go ndemge. You just about got it whooped now buddy. Keep it up and you will make it. We are pulling for ya. :cool:

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Way to go ndemge. This is the hardest time of the year to be smoke free. Keep up the good work.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey - way to go!<br /><br />I've been smoke free for about 2 years now. I started chewing sunflower seeds to get me over the cravings.<br /><br />Just remember - when the urge hits you think about how bad it would be to ruin all that time that you've been smoke free.<br /><br />Keep up the good work!

rwise

Captain

ndemge<br />Keep it up! I know it's hard sometimes but it's worth it!

LadyFish

Admiral

Great job Noel. <br /><br />If you can keep from having that first drag EVER again, you'll have beat this.<br /><br />The temptation is overwhelming at times but as you know by now they pass if you just wait a few minutes.<br /><br />Keep up the good work. :)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hey ndemge, are you using the patch? or going cold turkey?

ndemge

Commander

Cold turkey<br /><br />And I wasn't ready to quit, wasn't planned way out in advance.<br /><br />Sitting at my mom n dad's at christmas, outside with my wife having a smoke. were talking about when a "good" time to quit is.... said, it doesn't matter, its going to suck no matter when we do it. So made new years the date... Part that night. if your gonna quit, you don't do it 2 days before bigest party of the year...<br /><br />I've used the patch before, I've quit cold turkey before... but always after a week made that mistake of..... ....it's been a week, you can have a smoke. NO, a non smoker doesn't think that way, why should I.<br /><br />The only reason I've made it this far is I got around all the tricks my own mind could play on me. You can not reward yourself for not smoking with a smoke. And no Cigars either!<br /><br />I know that I can never have even a cigar in my life, because I will start smoking again that day.<br /><br />When My son/daughter is born, I'll clink my glass with you, but not join in the stogey

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Good going :) thats how i stopped as well, t'was one day in june 1986,i don't remember what day it was,i bought a pack of marlboros,left the gas station and as i was about to light up i changed my mind,just like that,chucked the cigaretts and car lighter out the window and never looked back.<br />I must say that in those early days i did a lot of craving for a smoke,especially after meals, those were some of the most difficult moments but i persevered and have not touched the dreaded stuff since. Though i have to say that it helped tremendously my having a wife who was a non smoker.<br />To this very day every vehicle that i have purchased since, is missing it's lighter :)