No Plane - Good Hub

DLSchutt

Recruit
I have a 2002 Regal LSC (Volvo Penta 5.0) -> MERC High-Five 21P Prop

I am recently having issues with performance, particularly planeing. It will not launch as it did before, and takes 45 seconds to plane, even at plane the RPM's will not get above 3500.

At first I assumed I sucked up some fishing line or blew a prop hub. After removing the prop, there was nothing there and the hub and prop are in great condition. Also checked throttle cable which also working fine. Did notice prop missing one vent hole cap (not sure if always had) but would be shocked if that is the cause.

Engine runs great, and will rev out fully in neutral, seems to be having this issue with a load on it.

Any thoughts before I idle her to marina?

Backyardmech

Seaman Apprentice
I also have a VP 5.0. Just because it sounds good in neutral doesnt mean it is producing good power. When is the last time you checked the plugs or changed the fuel filter

DLSchutt

Recruit
Been about 2 years since replacement on fuel filter, plugs been awhile -
Although, easy to replace and give them a shot

May be helpful to add some background on the day it happened, ran fine and planed as should, I idled around my lake for about an hour, stopped to get food on the water, got back and it started, had a bit of vibration when throttling which led me to believe I sucked something up, proceeded to idle home to find prop and hub assembly was fine. Took out a few more times vibration gone, but still no power.