no oil warning?

dragula65000

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I replaced the water pump and both thermostats, and I definantly do not have an overheating problem. The beep goes a half second every other second, and gets faster as I accelerate. I forgot the plug at the launch and water got in the oil tank. Changed the oil, bled the line, and ran the motor on seperate premix. I'm thinkin about disconnecting the vro & runnin premix, but before this I wanna troubleshoot further. Can I test the oil pickup in the tank? Is this a no oil warning or low oil warning. Gallon of fresh oil in. 1989 175 johnson gt, 90 degree V6.

muskrat

Chief Petty Officer
Re: no oil warning?

low oil warning- premix gas first.disconnect wires on motor from the oil tank-run to see if beeps are gone,if not try disconnecting wires going to vro.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

You might need to give the oil line primer bulb a squeeze a few times at first. That's not uncommon on new or disturbed oil tanks. If it doesn't shut-up by squeezing the bulb, then there's another problem.

dragula65000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I gave the primer bulb a few squeezes and its hard. I heard thats normal, and read it on here as well. Second, I ran it on premix thru the fuel line to see if it is the vro. I disconnected the oil line to the pump, and ran thru the fuel line. Will the vro still pump fuel with the wires disconnected, or does the pump run off vacuum like all other normal pumps?

muskrat

Chief Petty Officer

your disconecting wires when horn is going off.