No longer available? 1980-1981 fuel inlet needle and seat for 25hp??? HELP!

jomishx

Cadet
It seems that Mercury does not make the fuel inlet seat and needle for the 1980-81 25hp Tillotson carbs anymore. The rubber tip on mine is bad and cannot find one anywhere. Does anyone have an idea where to find this or a replacement from another type of motor that will fit? Maybe even suggestions on how to rig it so it will seal up. I know some one out there has come across this before. Help!

bktheking

Vice Admiral
Re: No longer available? 1980-1981 fuel inlet needle and seat for 25hp??? HELP!

Call East Coast Marine Service and ask them, they have a pile of NOS stuff, they may have it.

capslock118

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've learned with my '90 that many parts have simply been replaced by mercury with newer models of the sort.

For instance if you go to mercurypartsexpress.com and type in your serial number, mercury will show you every assembly for your engine. You will notice some parts say 'NLA' or no longer available. They don't tell you though, what replaces that part.

I have not found a sure way to figure out what a given part was replaced with; however I found a online retailer that will list the item for your engine, you place the order, then if need be they will change the invoice to say "replaced with part #..." and then ship you that.

Boats.net is the site. My internal fuel lines were in bad shape - cracking all over the place. So I went to boats.net as they were the only shop I could find that sold the tubing for my engine. About 1/2 my order was changed over to replacement parts.

i.e. 12-82381335: tubing-15 inch (replacement part for 12-4301625)

My local mercury dealer will also figure out the crossover for me; but i'd rather not put them through that kind of work just to order me some parts.

jomishx

Cadet

Thanks for all the info guys!