no gas to the motor

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
1958 merc mark 10. Just baught new 6 gallon attwood tank, connections and primer bulb. It wont prim the line unless the check ball on engine connector is proped open. I can hear the gas sloshing in the tank when squezzing the bulb but it wont prime the whole line to the engine unless the line is disconnected from the motor. Is the connection to the motor leaking air. I need someone point me in the right direction. Thanks

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If somebody can tell me for sure on the pressure tank. Thanks

Last edited:

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It only has 1 hose connecting to the motor and it is a twist lock connection if that helps.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
OMC had the pressure tanks back then recognized by no fuel pump on the engine and 2 hoses molded together side by side. You identified your problem it seems to me. Are you using the same connections as before or did the tank come with a hose and connector? If the latter is true, seems that the new connector is incorrect for your engine. Can you get the connector off your old hose and replace the one on the new hose?

Mark

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It is the same one that was used to show me that the motor stafted and ran good. I got up this am and the bulb was rock hard and the line was full of fuel so i dunno. Now i will stRt it and see if it draws fuel.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok. It runs good now but when i shut it off there wS parts of rubber on the ground. Impeller any one. I started to tear into it, got the lower off and the shaft out but no impeller like on my old force 85. After reading up on it i found that the power head must come off so off i went. Not to hard except the throttle/gear shif linkage. Wth. I ordered a manual from oldmercs. Will this get me through the rest of the project or am i shop bound.