No feedback helm question

maineiac5586

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Just wondering if it's OK for there to be about 2 inches of back and forth when you push on the outboard as if trying to steer left or right? I know the design of the helm won't allow you to manually steer the motor when pushing on the motor one way or other but I have little play back and forth. Only asking because I just moved my outboard up 2 holes and noticed this when back there doing the change. I can't remember if it was like that after I installed the helm a couple months ago. I'm a worry wart sorry. I have used the boat since noticing this without an issue

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
That sounds like a lot of play. I presume you are discussing a cable NFB system. See where the play originates. It could be the motor mounts or some parts of the steering system.

maineiac5586

Senior Chief Petty Officer
That sounds like a lot of play. I presume you are discussing a cable NFB system. See where the play originates. It could be the motor mounts or some parts of the steering system.
You can see the movement where the cable goes into the tube. New cable 2 months ago

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
So the cable has the play? Some R&P systems had an adjustment screw Other than that, I am not sure.