NJ (Belmar)- Cape Code MA

Vitalii

Cadet
Hello All
I wish to go from Belmar Nj Up to Cape Code MA (on Sea Ray Sundencer 29) . Who that had such experience. I shall be glad to hear any advice. Thanks

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: NJ (Belmar)- Cape Code MA

I know it is true of all places, in the Ma/RI area get good updated charts and keep a good eye on your GPS with chart plotter.. There are alot of reefs, recks and partly submerged rocks where you would not expect. Some will have things the others wont. Wind out of the south east expect 3-6ft waves in Buzzards Bay. It is a beautifull area, and make sure you hit Martha's Vinyard. Have fun and be safe.

zeusmt

Cadet

You're in my area. I boat in Toms River/Barneget Bay. My wife wants to go up to Nantucket, but I don't have the balls to cut across, and don't have the time to follow the coast up. We have a 27 Rinker Fiesta Vee.

tommays

Admiral

i have only done really long stuff on sailboats

Fuel stops will be the big issue and if bad weather or fog comes in you have to be prepared to sit in a harbor somewere (Fog is pretty common ):eek:

It would be best to come in through NYC and run out through the LI Sound ,this allows a lot of easy harbors to getin and out of for overnight anb fuel

The ocean inlets on the south shore of LI are all pretty dangerous places depending on tides and weather conditions

Tommays