Nissan 25 and 30hp starter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

walt-oxie1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am wanting to put electric start on my 92 Nissan 30 horse. I have been looking for a starter but keep getting asked what the numbers are on the old starter. I don't have one to get the numbers off of though. Does anyone have either a 25 or 30 that they can give me the numbers from, or better yet, a cheap starter?

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Nissan 25 and 30hp starter question

If the motor was not originally an E type (electric start), there is more than just the starter motor that is needed. But... if you just want the starter motor part, you can check with a Nissan/Tohatsu dealer for price and availability.

See the parts catalogs on Elvin's website at http://www.internetoutboards.com/PartsCatalogMenu.htm

It appears that if you have a NS30A3 (that's the number we need -- the precise model of the outboard, not the electric starter motor), then you likely need p/n 34676-0100M starter motor. Price is $312.38.

walt-oxie1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I appreciate the info. I had asked the local dealer and they were the ones that said they needed the original starter number. I already have everything else figured out (solenoid, key switch, kill switch etc.)

pvanv

Admiral

Hmm. Verify the precise model of the OB (from the tag on the clamp), and the parts catalog should help you out.

walt-oxie1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hmm. Verify the precise model of the OB (from the tag on the clamp), and the parts catalog should help you out.

That is what I thought when I went to the local dealer. I gave them the year (1992), model number (30a3) and the serial number. I was still asked for the numbers on the starter. I looked at the link you posted and found the info I need. I also found a used one for $65 with a warranty. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.