NFL Announcers.....they are bad!

Pony

Rear Admiral
It may just be me on this one, but is anyone else thinking about becoming a NFL announce, being its so obvious you dont have to have any speaking skills and need almost no knowledge of the game??<br /><br />I dont know how many of you got the Lions Bucaneers game on Fox today but Makafee made a comment that just plain annoyed me. There was 13 seconds left in the game, and Detroit is down by 4 and at the TB 20 yard line. Well out of nowhere Makafee says something about it being 4 down territory for the Detroit...........like they are gonna go for a field goal or something!!<br /><br />Im sure most of you don't really care about that sort of thing, but incompetent NFL announcers just plain get my bird.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Re: NFL Announcers.....they are bad!

What do they do with your bird after they get it?

Pony

Rear Admiral

BoatBuoy...I have spent a half an hour trying to think of an answer to that, and i simply cant.<br /><br /><br />another rant....during the Minn vs Atl game they showed Vick on the sidelines; did a close up on his knee and said "that will be the most photograhed knee for the next week, and maybe the next as well".............If you were paying attention (and I was) they zoomed in on the wrong knee

Fly Rod

Commander

:) You have a good point!!! Sometimes I wonder if they are comentating about the game I'm watching or some other game!! The bottom line is they have to find something to talk about for 3hrs.!!! ;) :cool:

FLATHEAD

Captain

Yep could not agree more. Chris Collinsworth is about the worst announcer ever! We turn on the TV and mute the sound and have the local radio announcer turned up on the stereo. Works like a charm.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Easier to watch without the sound on the TV. Keeps the trivia to a minimum.... in fact I listen to music on occassion when the games are on.<br /><br />I guess my pet peeve is the POOR camera coverage from some networks.

TilliamWe

Banned

i know they can be bad, and they never seem to be watching the same camera that we are at home. But I am amazed they can speak at all, with as many people talking into their ears. That would drive me nuts.<br /><br />At least they aren't as bad as the Chicago White Sox announcers. I absolutely hate biased coverage & rooting from the press box. Harrelson is the worst announcer EVER!

Pony

Rear Admiral

Oh yeah camera coverage was an issue today also....a couple of plays were 80% off camera and all you could see was the defensive backfield while the play took place behind the line of scrimmage.....<br /><br />Phil Simms to me is the worst...his voice is nauseating to me, and maybe that is compounded in the contrasting voice of Gumbel. They clash badly. Thankfully the Pack is mainly on Fox, so very rarely do I have to listen to him

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I do dislike all the announcers. They are all terrible.<br /><br />Ken

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

What about Pat Summerhall. Towards the end he couldn't tell who was playing who.

Pony

Rear Admiral

two words.....Dennis Miller