(News Releases) Mercury?s Bravo Three Props Produce Improved Acceleration

Fun Times

Staff member
News Releases
Marine
Mercury?s Bravo Three Props Produce Improved Acceleration
FOND DU LAC, Wis. (Jan. 26, 2010) ? Mercury Marine today announced the release of new versions of the 20, 21 and 22.5 pitch front propellers in Mercury's Bravo Three propeller lineup.

These new propellers provide improved performance, including a significant reduction in time to plane. The three-blade rear propeller continues in production unchanged.

?The lower-pitch front propellers in the Bravo Three line-up have been redesigned from top to bottom,? said product manager Dirk Bjornstad. ?These changes result in better acceleration across the board with light and heavy loads.

?The differences are most pronounced on boats with slower acceleration times. We've seen up to 8 percent faster acceleration with the new four-blade front propeller in heavier applications."

A Bravo Three propeller set consists of two counter-rotating propellers on the same drive. The Generation II Bravo Three propellers feature a four-blade front and a three-blade rear while the Generation I Bravo Three propellers used a three-blade front and rear.

?Our engineers have made refinements to the rake profile to provide the kind of holding customers expect with a four-blade front propeller,? said Bjornstad. ?The new low pitch propellers ensure the complete line of Generation II models will accelerate and hold better than their predecessors.? Production of the latest revision of the 20, 21 and 22.5 Brave Three series began Jan 22.

http://www.brunswick.com/news/newsstories/release/2/1379118.php

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: (News Releases) Mercury?s Bravo Three Props Produce Improved Acceleration

That's interesting indeed.

ArcadianStar

Cadet
Re: (News Releases) Mercury?s Bravo Three Props Produce Improved Acceleration

That IS intersting about Mercury's press release. . I'm been testing DUAL props and it seems that a four blade rear is more like an "AFTER BURNER"...I figured it out years ago that the rear prop needed more pitch than the front prop (Back prop is back there with a lot of air)...Seems that a Four by Four would be good. I noticed Yanmar had a five blade front and four blade back on their new dual prop drive.. (At the Miami Boat Show 2010. Volvo had no SINGLE PROP drives at Miami).

Dual Props might well be the future of boating....