Newbie with quick question

mlc1

Recruit
Hello All,

New to this forum but not forums. I just picked up my first boat and have been looking around here, A LOT of great information.

Anyway onto my question, I have a Honda 150 on a 10" Ditweler Jack plate and the motor was way to low, like the anti-cavitation plate was 4" below the bottom of the boat low. Centered the jack plate adjuster and moved the motor up a couple of holes but does anyone know the torque specs on the motor bolts?

I went to 70ft. lb but really don't know if that was enough.

Thanks.

mlc1

Recruit
Re: Newbie with quick question

Mods please move this to the proper part of the forum to maybe get an answer.

Thanks!!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like the motor and transom are different lengths. Is that correct?

mlc1

Recruit

Hey Chris,

No I got the height correct, or pretty close. The anti-cavitation plate is even with the bottom of the transom now. I can jack the plate up or down to do some fine tuning if I need to. I was just wanting to know how much to torque the bolts that hold the motor to the jack plate.

Thanks.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Two grunts! LOL

If the engine mounting bolts are 13 MM fine thread, 70 foot pounds is probably just about right. 3/4 inch flywheel nuts generally go about 95 foot pounds.

You do have self locking nuts, don't you?

mlc1

Recruit

Hey Frank,

Yes self locking nuts.

Love the two grunts, I kinda go by feel on things that I have more experience with like on cars but I would hate to see the motor heading in the wrong direction then I wanted it to. I went a little past the click, to be sure.

Thanks for the response.