Newbie with Glastron SX 175 looking for info

scb1712

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,

I just picked up a used 2001 Glastron SX 175 with a volvo 3.0l. This is my first boat and i've made some dumb rookie mistakes that we'll have to chalk up as learning experiences. We didn't water test the boat,:facepalm: only ran it on the previous owners driveway and didn't realize that the engine wasn't cooling. Not to mention it was a Florida boat used in salt water that had been brought up to Canada.

We're in the middle of chasing down a cooling issue, but once all the new parts arrive should hopefully have it sorted. I'll be installing a new manifold, riser and bellows as well as a thermostat (impeller is already new).

However, i'm wondering if anyone might have access to the original specs and owners manual or anything handy like that. I've tried contacting Glastron but they don't seem to be very helpful as i can't even find a phone number for their head office.

Thanks

Scb

ma glastron

Seaman
Re: Newbie with Glastron SX 175 looking for info

You could have a bad water pump. I have the same boat but mine is a 2000 with a 3.0 mercruiser. MY owners manual has no specs in it.

scb1712

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Newbie with Glastron SX 175 looking for info

Got the engine manual - thanks! Still trying to track down some specs specific to Glastron (eg: fuel tank capacity, LOA, Beam, weight etc.)