Newbie Restoration Question

otiscaswell

Recruit
First... My thanks to JoeMan for bringing me into the Forum and all the great historical help. I've got a 1955 Duratech 15' Sealine and am really just beginning the restoration. Wanted to start simple -- with horn and search light. Both are non-functional. Light needs new lamp (should be simple, but couldn't seem to match base code with anything on the Internet). Need new lens for light. Both light and horn could use to be re-chromed.

Where to start?

Any assistance would be appreciated...

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Newbie Restoration Question

Bruce, thanks for joining! :cool:

I recently received the Duratech catalogs for the years your model was available. Neither the horn nor the spotlight were available as Duratech options. I've not seen any like yours on any other Duratech, so that confirms that the original owner had these installed. That said...I doubt other Duratech owners can help, unless they are serious boat guys.

Can you provide the code info? Is a brand or model listed on either the horn or the light? There are some serious classic boat and vintage equipment geeks over at CBH, and I see you've also posted there! Good job! My guess is the CBH classic boat guys will answer that pretty quick.

In case we do get replies on this, here are Bruce's horn and light:
z1hte.jpg

There are several Duratech owners which have visited the forum here, but it has yet to really take off. I believe we'll see a lot more action when I send out the Duratech spring newsletter very soon. Also, lots of new and old Duratech owners find the Duratech site in the spring, and I'll direct each of them here. I'm thinking the traffic here should be decent by May. :)