Newbie Questions:

TxCajun

Cadet
First of all, this is a GREAT froum. Secondly, I have searched the forum and could not find the answers to my two questions:<br />1) Is there a way to "mark" a particular thread so that you don't have to go through a few pages looking for it to check on progress, etc.<br />2) I've run accross a few photos placed in threads that I am unable to view. They simply present as a box with a red "x" in them. What's up with that? One I'm interested in is a picture of a puller posted by Schematic relating to a stuck lower unit (which I have) :eek: . Thanks All!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Newbie Questions:

#1......right click on page of thread you want to follow, left click on "add to favorites" if using MS Internet Explorer as a browser, and save to location of your choice in dialog "favorites" window that opened when you left clicked "add to favorites".<br /><br />Hope this helps.<br /><br />#2......sometimes you can right click on red x and left click on "properties", then copy paste url addy into Explorers address bar, then hit return or enter key to view.

TxCajun

Cadet

Pat,<br />Thanks a bunch for taking the time to help. 1) I should have known to just save the thread in "favorites". Some message boards have a feature to track threads so I never had to think for myself (duh?) 2) I tried copying and pasting the photo but it doesn't work. I've noticed another guy with a stuck lower unit who could not view that photo from "schematic" so there may be a problem with the photo. It apparently worked at one time because someone referenced it. Maybe the photo's storage site is down. Anyway, thanks again.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

TxCajun. The photo may no longer be hosted so it is not available. A lot of free hosting sites have stopped allowing people to post their pictures and some sites only allow you to post limited amounts of pictures. These people may have deleted them from their albums.

salty87

Commander

sometimes it helps to save the file on your computer and then open it up. the supra boats message board is often like that. just be careful and make sure you have up-to-date virus protection.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

another way to go to a particular forum, or any page is to drag the url to the links tool bar, faster,eaiser than favorites