newbie from chicago

chifloater

Cadet
Hello, Well Im a first time boat owner, and all I can say is im nervous as hell...lol.....I have alot of respect for the water, and dont get me wrong Im going to have fun, but its going to take awhile to learn where everyhting is at.....I live on the south side by hammond indiana, and dont know where to start first !!! Ive been in boats before, but now its in my hands....any good links / maps/ to show where all the gas pumps are?? im super safety man, but i like to know where everthing is at if i run into trouble.......hope to meet some friends to show me the ropes.......i just bought a well taken care of 1989 celebrity cuddy cabin 20 ft....i know its slighlty close to the small side, but i have to learn and start somewhere...thanks

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: newbie from chicago

Welcome to Iboats dude! I grew up in chicago myself, right in the center of chicago. If you scroll down to "boating Activities & Destinations" Its also a good forum
to get alot of the information your looking for too

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: newbie from chicago

Welcome to iboats, the best boating forum on the net.
Congrats on the new boat and good luck in your travels, where are you planning on using the boat ?
On petrol, hopefully you have a big enough gas can that you can avoid buying gas "on the water", I think they add about a dollar a gallon charge for the "fuel dock". :cool: