Newbie boater - My first Boat a Glassmaster

videopro2009

Recruit
Greetings boaters

Well some people I have spoken for have given me basically negative comments about boating. Some say its going to be the "water hole" in your wallet. They all joke and poke fun at me. But nevertheless my boyhood dream of being Captain Kirk of my own ship was going moving forward at the ripe age of 41. (violins begin to play softly)
Unfortunately I didn't become that millionaire in my 40's that I thought I would be in my 20's. And when my brother and dad saw the old boat (that been sitting out in the elements for the last 2 yrs) they laughed as well.
But 3 weeks of hard work and help from a buddy and just a little creative shopping I have a phoenix that has risen from the ashes... (London Philharmonic Orchestra now at full)
Now those that have laughed are not laughing any more....

Well the work done was not as bad as I thought it would be. Basically it was alot of cleaning and sanding down the surfaces. I painted the hull an almond tan color. The top was left alone. We just sanded it down and cleaned it with mild cleaner. The dash was spray painted a metallic black. New marine carpet, new rear bench seat (we made the support), a ugly stained lounger that I sprayed with vinyl spray paint.
the main thing left to do is to re wire the lights and check whats wrong with the speedometer. It came with a bimini top, I threw out the moldy canvas and have to shop around for a good used canvas top.
Tomorrow I pick the boat up from a marine mech. who cleaned out the carbs and checked out the rest of the engine.

:rolleyes:

"Mr. Sulu, warp factor 1.... the bright star to the left... "

Attachments

• dsc_6981.jpg
    dsc_6981.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dsc_6982.jpg
    dsc_6982.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 0
  • dsc_6993.jpg
    dsc_6993.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
  • dsc_6997.jpg
    dsc_6997.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 0
  • dsc_6985.jpg
    dsc_6985.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0

MrShoehorn

Recruit
Re: Newbie boater - My first Boat a Glassmaster

Looks great. I've got a 79' Glassmaster that i'm redoing as well. I can't wait to get her on the water.

~Shoe