New Zealand snow

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
This is Mount Ruapehu in the North Island. It's obviously winter now and we took a trip to play in the snow. Grandaughter loved it, played till she got too cold, which was most of the day!<br />As you can see it's busy, being the school holidays they were full.<br />
f7e73f7e.jpg
<br />And this is the learners slope, lots of helpful gear and learner schools.<br />
f7e73f84.jpg
<br />Ross

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New Zealand snow

Ahh! Now that's a refreshing site. We're 100+ degrees here. I'd love a bit of that white stuff just for 5 minutes. Thanks for the pics. Made my day. <br />Bassy

BassMan283

Petty Officer 1st Class

Snow in New Zealand. Just doesn't seem right somehow.

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Ross,<br />I have been at Taupo since last Friday Night.<br />Been fishing on the Tongariro on Saturday, Tauranga - Taupo last night and again this morning. Frost came down after I hit the water today at 6:30 am about -3 c. Froze up the snakes on my fly rod but beautiful just being there.<br />I looked at the Mountains yesterday and they were a picture. I'm sure you had a grand couple of days. I have returned to Hamilton this afternoon (Mon) and I am going back to Taupo with my wife and her mother in the morning and staying until the end of the week.<br />The traffic on the road last night coming back to Taupo from the snow was very heavy so I'm guessing that the skifields were well packed.<br /><br />Nice photos,<br /><br />Regards<br />Peter