New York Boat Show

NCLakeboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: New York Boat Show

Some photos from the web site are available here.
http://www.nyboatshow.com/press/photogallery.aspx

Formula-1.jpg

Dirty Dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My first, but it was deserted, no people!! My friends, who are regulars, said they never saw it so empty.
Alot of boats to see, no lines and somwhat bored and deperate sales people.
I was hoping for more venders, but I guess the economy limited them. Still it was nice to see all the boat manufacturers in one spot. I was not buying but if you were you could probably have gotten a great deal!! Ike

JoLin

Vice Admiral

My first, but it was deserted, no people!! My friends, who are regulars, said they never saw it so empty.
Alot of boats to see, no lines and somwhat bored and deperate sales people.
I was hoping for more venders, but I guess the economy limited them. Still it was nice to see all the boat manufacturers in one spot. I was not buying but if you were you could probably have gotten a great deal!! Ike

I was there on the last day. Manned the USPS booth from 10:30 to noon- had 3 visitors :-(

I expected to see a drop in attendance from last year, but I wasn't prepared to see it just go belly up the way it did. Sad. I actually felt sorry for the salepeople on the floor- If the show was any indication they're in for a bad, bad year.

Dirty Dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey John, It was almost eerie. I have never been to the boat show before but I have been to other events in the Javits and I have never seen it like that.
Alot of work and $$ must go into a show like that and yeah I agree, I did feel sad for them. Never would want to be a salesperson!!
Hopefully better days to come for all of us!!Ike

a70eliminator

Captain

Not until the prices get more realistic for the average hard working individual to afford, I for one will never be able to even think about something like that, I couldn't even come close to NEW entry level fish and ski, and I'll bet none of them salesman could either, must just a bad year for milionairs.