New Trim Annonde Bent

borourke

Seaman
I put a new trim annonde on my boat a few weeks ago to correct a listing problem. I took notice of the trim annode yesterday and it appears to be bending to the right. Is this normal? It has only been on for maybe 2 - 3 hours of use and I have not hit anything, but the bend is significant enough to notice by just looking at it. I would say 5 degrees to the right and more pronounced at the bottom. Just curious, boat still riding great, and probably better now then when I first installed the anode.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Re: New Trim Annonde Bent

Sounds a little strange especially since a zinc annode wont bend.It will break before it bends.Are you sure your propeller is not carving into one side of it???????I would take it off and inspect.I once had a collar zinc that had a hollow cavity in it .Charlie

D

DJ

I too, think it would break first. However, it certainly won't hurt anything.

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey Brian,you sure its not spun? I think I read an earlier post when you said you where replacing your flat zinc with a fin type to help with a stearing issue. I thought I'd do the same to my sundancer, but did'nt have enough clearence from the prop, could be you need a shorter fin on your zinc...... just a thought.<br /><br /><br /> Jim

borourke

Seaman

I went and double checked and it is definately bent and the prop is not carving into it. Has a decent amount of clearance between the prop and the annode. <br /><br />Cuzner - You are right I did replace the flat annode with this one to fix the listing issue, and it appears to have done the trick, but just seems odd that it is bending so quickly. Can a prop put enough pressure on it to do that? <br /><br />I will take a few pictures this weekend and post them.