New topic: bayliner vs sunbird

code p1mp

Cadet
This is a new topic so watch what you say. <br />very simple:<br />who made a better boat? please vote and explain with a model/make

ndemge

Commander
Re: New topic: bayliner vs sunbird

Uninterested in conversing about Bayliners or Subbirds, as this should probably be moved to the correct Topic area.

ob

Admiral

Since you can't be picky about the fish you troll for ,I'll bite.<br /><br /><br />Boston Whaler.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by ob:<br /> Since you can't be picky about the fish you troll for ,I'll bite.<br /><br /><br />Boston Whaler.
:eek: :eek: :eek: <br />Ebbtide on this end.<br />What's a Bayliner?

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I second Boston Whaler...Love my 40year old boat!<br /><br />
whaler-23.jpg
<br /><br />a bayliner is the thing that lines the bottom of the bay to keep the water in...kinda like a fish pond liner!

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I believe that both brands of boat have merits for and against. I don't think this forum is qualified to answer such a broad question. You should re-consider the nature of the inquiry and re-post with a more defined question.<br /><br />One such as 'In regard to quality of build.....'<br />or 'For the purpose of seaworthiness ......'<br />or even 'To wit the cost of purchase and annual maintenance .....'<br /><br />I trust that my tone and wording have not offended you and that I have 'watched what I have said' to your satisfaction.<br /><br />.............

ob

Admiral

KK,That is one sweet little rig.Is that a 15 sport model?I had a 83'15' sport.I like you're mahogany console and jackplate.Do Baybirds and Sunliners have those options?

NYMINUTE

Captain

neither is a popular choice. barfliner offers economy but you pay in product performance. Sunbird has a slightly better reputation based on those I have talked to.

SpinnerBait_Nut

How thick is the floor in them things?<br />I mean, how much is there between your feet and the water?

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

ob...that's a 13'. Originally a 13' sport, but I modified it to a center console. Drew the plans for the console to fit my height and all the gadgets on it.<br /><br />I wish I had a 15' for a little more room, but that little boat is a fish catchin' machine!<br /><br />here's more pictures of it<br /><br /> http://www.keltonkrew.com/whaler.html <br /><br />ps..I've never seen custom mahogany consoles on bayliners....maybe some wood grain plastic bezels.

JB

Moving to Boats.