new to me Tahoe Q5i and seat replacements????

usmeagle

Seaman Apprentice
Folks, i just sold my pontoon boat and am going to purchase a 2014 Tahoe Q5i in excellent shape. i know i need the small pad that goes between the 2 seats up front but also need the cushion that goes over the engine compartment, can anyone direct me to a site that sells these?
Thank you

southkogs

Staff member
I guess I'd ask Tahoe if they sell replacements. Otherwise, you have to have 'em made by an upholstery shop or make 'em yourself.

tpenfield

Staff member
Agreed ^^^

given that the boat is fairly new, you may be able to get replacements through Tahoe (but don't expect it to be easy, quick, fast)

How is it that a boat in "excellent shape" is missing cushions ??? :noidea: Anything else that it is missing?

briangcc

Commander
I think, and could be wrong, that the first part of the question is referring to the bow filler cushion which is an option on most boats. Usually an extra purchase and some (me) don't purchase it due to cost. Either Tahoe or makey-selfy.

As for the second part, needing the cushion over the engine hatch, is all that's missing is a snap on cushion? I'm thinking again its like my Chap where the cushion is removable so you can convert to fishing mode and pedestal seat. IF that's the case, again either Tahoe or makey-selfy.

Pictures would be very handy in this particular instance...

usmeagle

Seaman Apprentice
Tahoe boats and seats.

Folks we just purchased a 2014 Tahoe Q5i boat and need to purchase a couple of cushions but am having a hard time finding sites that sells them. i have contacted Tahoe and gotten the part numbers and also contacted Bass Pro who can order them. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to find these seat cushions?
Thank you

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Folks we just purchased a 2014 Tahoe Q5i boat and need to purchase a couple of cushions but am having a hard time finding sites that sells them. i have contacted Tahoe and gotten the part numbers and also contacted Bass Pro who can order them. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to find these seat cushions?
Thank you

Why did you start another thread? Expecting different results? What's wrong with Bass Pro?

usmeagle

Seaman Apprentice
Thans for the replies folks, some of you anyhow. lol.
i have the 2 part numbers from Tahoe and i guess my question wasn't very clear, i have prices from bass pro and a local dealership here and to me they are rather high, in the $750 range for both cushions. I took it to a local upholstery shop and they told me around 700 but i thought you folks might have some other options.
Thanks again.

By the way the way the Aft Center Cushion is part # 718024.5
the Sundeck part # is 718031.5

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
^^^^ Should have been your first post. It's hard to read between the lines.

Anyway - A 3rd option is make then yourself if your only looking at function.

4th option - Look on Craig's List or Next Door for locals to make the seat and pad. Unfortunately with millions out of work, some are pro upholsterers looking for supplemental income or any income at all.

tpenfield

Staff member
I feel so violated not knowing your true needs and intentions :D

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
$750 to get an exact replacement factory setup looks like a deal to me. I've made cushions before and saved money, but unless you know the exact color and exact manufacturer's vinyl it will stick out like a sore thumb.