New to me Bayliner

cwd56

Cadet
I just bought a 1987 Bayliner 2450 Sunbridge. The engine is an OMC 350, and has been rebuilt. I picked it up for a whopping $1500 from a lady here locally. She told me she just wants it gone. Her husband had replaced the engine with rebuilt one, but before he even finished it, he fell ill and passed away. The boat has set for about 6 years. She was covered for most of that though. All in all it needs some cosmetic work, but everything seems to be working and solid. The engine had never even had oil put in it yet. After a little troubleshooting and reworking some wiring (wires on the starter were wrong), she turned right over. He hadn't even finished installing the engine, motor mounts were loose, almost all the nuts on the posts of the alternator, starter, etc. were only started a few threads on. I am very excited about getting the exhaust put back together and heading out to test her out in the lake.

Chris

NYBo

Admiral
Re: New to me Bayliner

You may be guilty of grand larceny if the boats turns out to be as good as it sounds.:cool:

cwd56

Cadet
Re: New to me Bayliner

An engine that sat for six years without any oil in it?

The horror... the horror.

Actually the opposite, the internals look like I just pulled it out of a crate. There was a small amount of oil from the build, but not much.