New to forum and new project

outdrsmn82

Cadet
Well i just picked up a new project. Its a custom 16.5' X 3/16 alluminum allweld with walk thru windshield. it has a 1995 115 yamaha 2 stroke with stainless 4 blade prop with a manual jackplate as well. also has a bimini top. Here are some pictures to show you what im working with. took the top off to work in the boat.

my list of things to do consists of:
1. rewiring the entire boat
2. putting LED trailer lights (did that)
3. tracing windshield wiper issue
4. putting an allunimum or maybe treated wood floor in "cockpit"
5. getting a bimini top for winter hunting that completely encloses "cockpit"
6. figuring out what to do with the winch area. (sits too low to bind properly)
7. maybe installing a stereo system
8. looking into filling the floor with polyurathane foam. (still reading on this)
9. buffing out the old carpet glue on the side panels in front the boat (done)

so far thats all i have come up with. ill be on here regularly trying to get help to get this thing all ready to go.

the screenname says it all. i hunt squirrel, coon, rabbit, & duck. i also trap coon, rabbit, turtle, & fish. i jug fish for catfish and pole fish for whatever hits the line. so this boat was perfect for my needs.

what u guys think of it? (windows were foggy cuz it was taken early in the morning)

boatonsideofhouse.jpg

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New to forum and new project

head lights are illegal in the US, Pressure treated wood has problem with aluminum, use either marine or exterior that is sealed really well.

outdrsmn82

Cadet

i never knew that they were illegal. i got them with the boat. i think i am going to be pulling them off. i dont want to break the laws. i like to stay as legal as i know to be. i am going to have to look around for some marine wood for the floor in there or go with more welded aluminum. thanks for the update though. you would be surprised at how many people around here have lights on their duck boats as well as custom alunimum boats. i live is south central louisiana.

Huron Angler

Admiral

That is a tough-looking hull I'll bet it's very stable in the water. TD is right about the treated lumber, he is a good one to get advice from in these forums. Congrats on the new boat.