New Stratos 186XT with Optimax 115

2001FZ1

Cadet
I just bought a Stratos 186XT for work. We are doing RF testing on a lake and needed an all fiberglass boat with decent stability. The reviews on the Stratos seemed pretty good and the price was with in my budget so its what I ended up with. I was limited on time, so buying a boat exactly how I wanted it couldn't happen.

My first question is about the engine possibly having problems if I run it for hours on end at slow speeds ~ 5knots. I have heard the older 2-stroke engines will load up and foul plugs. Is this still the case? If so, what can be done to combat this problem?

All the slow speed stuff will happen after the recommended break in procedure.

Second question. I bought a Maretron GPS system with solid state compass to track the movement of the boat with a laptop. I need to mount the GPS antenna on a fiberglass, plastic or PVC pole 5-6 feet above the boat.
See here:
http://www.maretron.com/products/gps100.php
It says "The GPS100 is easily mounted to any 1? standard marine mount with its standard 1??14 male threads."
Where can I find this mount?? I have tried the local marina, Lowes and Menards. No one has a mount that will work. (needs to be hollow for the cable to run through)

Thanks for the help!!