New Sig and THANK YOU!

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
Just testing.... might not look like much but this bow light is the culmination of a winter of work, it being lit means that the new engine is in the boat and all wired up! Almost time for the test run!<br /><br />Thanks to Everyone who has helped me out along the way, 7 months ago I had never worked on an I/O in my life and now I have an installed and aligned brand new engine! The alignment tool goes in with one finger (and boy was it off before I started adjusting it!)<br /><br />Thanks AGAIN!!!!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: New Sig and THANK YOU!

huminski, that's akin to throwin the switch after ya decorated the Christmas tree. Ya have to stand back and admire all the work that went before. I hope you have great boating this summer.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Thought I was the only one who did that! :D <br /><br />Good luck this boating season Huminski.... :)

Bondo

Staff member

Yep,<br />And may you get At Least 2000hrs out of This Motor......................... :D <br /><br />Good Luck.........

gonfishn

Commander

Those of us who have undergone a boat project and sucessfully completed it know exactly where you are at in your thoughts..<br /><br />With the help of the folks from the tech side I took an empty shell and made it to match my ego.. :D . Which now follows my SUV to any lake I desire..

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Started it for the first time today. Purrs like a kitten. I don't think my ESA is working though... have to look into that. Shifts perfect without it on the trailer on muffs. We'll see what happens in the water. <br /><br />Had a scare, I ran the engine for about 5 minutes or so and shut it down, and there was some oil in the bilge. The oil filter was oozing oil out from where it mates to the block. I spun it off and can see that the block is designed to have a filter with the gasket right at the edge, and this filter it's about 1/4" inside of the edge, so it didn't mate well. Checked and there was still plenty on the dipstick so that's one major catastrophe avoided. I must have grabbed the wrong filter off the shelf, this is a fram PF15 and it needeed a PA15 or something like that, I slipped a letter somewhere. <br /><br /> :)