New sexy toy! 1975 16' American w/'80 115hp merc!!

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New sexy toy! 1975 16' American w/'80 115hp merc!!

Psst....

someone stole your rivets!!!! :shocked:

:behindsofa:

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, you DO NOT want Jas to show up at your boatyard & help w/ a fiberglass boat.
th_eek2.gif

It involves a chainsaw & a sawzall.... Not really the sort of help you might have been expecting...

Jas uses the glass boats as donor boats for parts & pieces to rebuild his tin boats....

I'm a big fan of the dump's big ol crusher monster truck thing (has spikes on the metal wheels!!)

but that's after I sawsall the parts I want first... :)

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

I have no qualms about shredding SOME fiberglass boats. Ugly 1970s generic tri-hulls with rotted out floors and cores, no problem firing up the chain saw... Heck, I've even cut up a Starcraft in my time (hull was holed.) But killing boats that look cool, with a racing pedigree, that's like crushing up a Corvette because you prefer pick-ups.

And for the record, I am an equal opportunity boat owner. I've got tinnies, woodies, and glassers in my fleet...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

OOOoooooo, I knew I'd catch heat from CW

:fear::flame:

And for the record

Well, so long as we are going on record...

#1 If I had a nasty/rotted Vette on the property and needed to get rid of it - couldn't sell it, couldn't give it away, I'd likely crush that too:sorry:

#2 I'll agree with you - that American had some nice lines. I thought long and hard about taking her to the dump. I almost didn't. Now, had she been an IO, I would have kept and rebuilt that sweet little glass ski boat. Sssshhhhhhhhhhh.....

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

OK while we're on the subject: I've found a number of glassers on perfectly good trailers. I'm talking nasty glassers, not Corvettes more like AMC Pacer types. How do you dispose of these Pacers? I contacted my Macomb County dump and they want $350 plus environmental fees. Do you cut 'em up and bag 'em?

Back to this thread now. I agree with Chinewalker, don't cut her up. Those are awesome sleek ski-boats. Ok I can't resist, some one stole all your rivets. Hahaha

I look forward to watching you fix her up. I love the American series boats. Good luck.
Don

A little present.

64osby

Admiral

Do you cut 'em up and bag 'em?

I have one that is slowly disappearing. Just top off the herby curby every week.

Kind of the inverse of Radar from MASH sending home a Jeep one part at a time.

Joeshow

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Bwana Don, thank you for the little present!!

As for the project, I'm working on getting a portable garage and a heater at the time... Might be a couple weeks before I can get back atter! I really want to get this all done by May for the pickerel derby!! Lol I think there is sufficient time