New Ram 1500 - Where to get goodies

Scooch_2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought a new Dodge Ram 1500 yesterday. Now of course I need to buy some accessories. Can anyone recommend a good retailer for things like a tonneau cover and step bars? <br /><br />Also, does anyone have any suggestions for a non-fiberglass tonneau cover? I have been doing some research and there are tons of these things. I don't have any idea which ones are junk and which are quality.<br /><br />
06Ram.jpg

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New Ram 1500 - Where to get goodies

Hey Scooch, I have one of them also, mine's a '04 model bought in '05.<br />
ds2.jpg
<br />Bought all my stuff from ebay.<br />Running boards, front protectors and window visors.<br />The front protectors are a 3 piece unit where the hood comes up and leaves the headlights there.<br />Had no need for a bed cover cause I use it to haul stuff in and one would just get in my way.

woosterken

Lieutenant

WOW!nice looking truck try J.C.WHITNEY.COM(SP?)<br />ACCESSCOVER.COM this cover rolls up like a garage door (from goboating mag.)<br />ken

LubeDude

Admiral

I have actually been looking at those myself, I think ya bought my truck! Color and all. The price really isnt all that bad for the 1500s, and thats all I need. No more little trucks for me.

heycods

Captain

I have been thinking of dumping my 02 dodge diesel for something like that. Im about through hauling the heavy stuff, just need the extra room for people, It dont take much to pull my bass boat. besides diesel is higher than gas for a chaange and it dont apear to be going to change. I just hate the thought of payments again.

bubbakat

Captain

Hey scooch try BSA of ohio that is where I order all my stuff for my truck. Good prices and good service.<br /><br /><br />Hey lee wanna trade on that 2500 :D <br /><br /><br />
000_0123.jpg

Ron G

Commander

Nice looking trucks,thats going to be my next one one of these days,Scooch try acme,i think thts the name of the company when i get home i'll cheack.they send out magazines about every month,with everthing from steering hweels to custome dashes,exhaust,well lot of accessorys

Ron G

Commander

Also is that the megacab with the 5.7 hemi?

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Ron G:<br /> Also is that the megacab with the 5.7 hemi?
I don't think it is... I saw the mega-cabs at the Detroit auto show and they have an additional 6 inches or so added onto the cab behind the rear door.<br /><br />Them things are GIGANTIC.<br /><br />Sean

Scooch_2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Its just the standard quad cab. The mega cab is out of control (and out of my budget). No Hemi motor either, the standard 4.7 V8 is good for me. It was a nice package, its the SLT with the ThunderRoad option which gives you the huge 20" rims and 1 year of Sirius satellite radio. So far its been a lot of fun. <br /><br />Tomorrow is my first long drive with it. Looking forward to it.

SwampNut

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 2005 Ram 2500, and had a 99 1500 before it. I got nerf/step bars for it from eBay. They were $145 compared to $400 locally, and they are stainless steel with nice rolled steps.<br /><br />The cover I use is a four-panel hard aluminum one that locks and is water-tight. I picked that up from aztrucks.com. It's very useful, and VERY solid. This is the cover:<br /><br />
foldacover1.gif