New pup

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
After having put our dear sweet 3 1/2 Lab down we had a great void which we just filled with this little critter.<br /><br />Can anyone guess what it might be?<br /><br />
DSCF0722.jpg

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: New pup

Looks like a cross between a poodle and a Cocker Spanial (SP). Sure is cute though.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Looks like a cross between a poodle and a Cocker Spanial (SP). Sure is cute though.
Yer half right LubeDude. The actual combination you'll find a bit difficult to fathom. Good eye tho! Yeah he's extra cute.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> After having put our dear sweet 3 1/2 Lab down we had a great void which we just filled with this little critter.<br /><br />Can anyone guess what it might be?
Boomyal.... it's....a.....dog.....

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by achris:<br /> Boomyal.... it's....a.....dog.....
You can do better than that Chris. I understand this combo started out DownUnder. ;)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Now that is the picture of cute! Adorable! Is it poodle/spaniel?<br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

Dont have a clue what the little mut is but <br />one things for sure, he is going to have you wrapped around his little paw in no time at all.<br />Has that "IM so CUTE" I could have NEVER done that<br />look. :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Is that one of those Labradoodles? Half Lab and Poodle? They are becoming big around here for people with allergies. I also hear that they don't shed hair either. Sure is a cute pup, its bound to be a great looking dog!<br /><br />I showed my wife the pic, now she wants one. However with one 140 lb dog is enough. Especially when it takes up floor space in the boats cabin.

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

My first guess was a lab-a-doodle but SS already guessed that<br /><br />Obviously it is part poodle....Mabye mixed with a terrier :confused:

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Cocker, Pekingese, & Poodle would make a Cockapekapoo. Schnauzer and Poodle would make a Schnoodle! Whatever it is it's adorable. :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Thanks all. We've just had him for two weeks now. He's eleven weeks old and he's growing on us fast.<br /><br />SSMayfloat wins the prize? :D It's a Labradoodle. It is a multigenerational offspring of a Labrador and, get this, a miniature Poodle. I'd a liked to see how that worked. A more common variation of Labradoodle is from a standard Poodle and a Lab but that creates a pretty good size pooch.<br /><br />Rusty will only get to about 17 or 18 inches. Just the right size IMHO.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Looks like a good one there Boomer. How do the Aussies get credit for the first Labradoodle? Didn't the lab and the poodle figure it out on there own? Or is there some sort of new breed attempt going on here?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... :D <br /><br /><br />Thats an absolutely georgeous pup you got there Boomer :cool: :)