New problem w/85hp Force. Fuel bulb colapsed?

FreeBayliner4Us

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I fixed me starter solinoid problem. Now I have a problem with the primer bulb not being able to draw fuel from the tank. The bulb was working fine when I started it 3weeks ago. Now I squeeze the bulb and it doesn't expand without some help. Also once it is collapsed the fuel has a tendency to drain back to the tank.

One other fact is that I added a fuel/water seperator when I got the boat. I have ran the boat since with no problem.

Is it possible that I just need a new bulb or could there be more to this problem.

Thanks!

Reboot11133

Seaman
Re: New problem w/85hp Force. Fuel bulb colapsed?

Is the tank portable or built in? It sounds like you have something blocking the pick up tube in the tank. Try disconnecting the fuel line on the tank side of the bulb and blow into the tube to see if it clears. Now reconnect the bulb and see if it pumps up. If it did seem to clear it you may have to empty the tank to remove whatever it is that is obstructing the line before it happens again.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The check valves in the bulb only last so long. They have failed.

The pick up tube in the tank may also be plugged up.

You do have the tank vent opened, right?

FreeBayliner4Us

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The tank is built in. I will try to blow the line clear to see if it solves the problem.
Thanks

FreeBayliner4Us

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So I go to blow the line out and It shoots fuel back at me as soon as I take the air hose away. I already bought the primer bulb so I changed it for good measure and then went in search of my blockage. FOUND IT!! The dog-gone fuel line was bent at a pretty sharp angle where it went into the tank so when I started to prime the line it would colapse and choke the flow.

Rerouted the line and all is well.

Thanks for the advice.