FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Tomorrow I pick up my new plinker. A Springfield XDs in .45. can't wait to see how it shoots, very compact in size but with the extra recoil spring it is supposed to be very tame to shoot.
I've shot the XD in .45 ... it's a very nice gun. You could tell ya' had a .45 in your hand, but I could come off the muzzle jump right back on target pretty fast. I liked it almost as much as the 1911.
I tried to put an XDs in my hands at the last gun show, in December. No one had one, Three different dealers said they sold the few they had on the first day. A local gunshop never seems to have one either.
I may just have to have one. I'll trade in my HK USP Compact .45. It is a sweet gun but still too big and bulky. I'd sure like to stick to a .45 although there are a lot of nice little 9's and .40's available.