New owner, old boat, dumb question

mlfrancis

Cadet
Hello All,
Bought a new to me 2000 Javelin 18FS and so far really like it. Have a dumb question though. I "think" it has an ice chest/cooler on it, but I thought it was under the center back seat, but the previous owner used the passenger console/glovebox. Who's right?

I guess either would work, but sticking my hand in each, the center seat storage seems cooler and the glovebox area seems downright warm. of course the glovebox area would be easier to get to. Any ideas?

Told you it was a dumb question. ;-)

Thanks in advance!
Michael

Scottimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: New owner, old boat, dumb question

I have the same kind of scenario with my 396FS, under the center seat is a storage area with a drain. I guess it could be the cooler, never thought of using to for that, I really didn't know what it could have been....

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would say whatever works for you, if the glove box holds ice and drains out to the bilge go for it.

mlfrancis

Cadet

I never really came up with what was intended to be the cooler, but I think I'm just going to carry a small one with me. I looked more and the glovebox has foam around it, maybe for insulation? But the black vinayl lid sure absorbs some heat and that's a great place to put things I might need light sunglasses, registration, other junk. Under the center seat is just not as easy to get to and I need extra storage. Yup, think I'm just going to be carrying an extra little cooler with me on outtings.

Of course on mine, I noticed the glovebox area doesn't have a recessed lip so if it rains, water will get into there. Not a good place to store papers unless they are in zip-loc bags. Under the center seat does have a recessed lip so it would be more dry if it rained. Hummm... think I might have just answerd my own question if one gets wet and the other doesn't. Maybe the cooler is intended to be in the glove box.

BTW, I'm really liking the "new" boat. So are the kids. :)

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Funny how kids always seem to like the boat.........lol I think I am the oldest kid on mine!!!!

Enjoy your ride and yes if you plan on keeping papers in the boat keep em in ziplocks. I have a cuddy so my wallet cell etc are stashed in the bar, all nice and dry, even though I do use a ziplock for my phone...just in case.