New Orleans is Sinkin

ehenry

Commander
Yall all say a prayer for the folks down there. It hasn't gotten bad here yet. They say Katrina should hit here around 2 or 3 this afternoon

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: New Orleans is Sinkin

Good luck EF, this one is gonna be a strong storm.<br /><br />Ken

migue

Seaman Apprentice

My prayers with all you guys in the gulf coast, We had Katrina here in Miami as a cat1 and it was bad enough, so i can only imagine what will be like in there.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Reports that the Mississippi has broke throug a leve in New Orleans.<br />A nursing home is surrounded by 10' of water, moveing people to upper floors.

SpinnerBait_Nut

P.S. Tornados sited also just to add to all this. :eek:

ehenry

Commander

its looking like Jackson may be spared a direct hit looks like Katrina is moving more towards the east now and down graded to cat3.

SpinnerBait_Nut

They just reported tropical storm warnings plum up here to me. :eek:

ehenry

Commander

We just got the word here at work....Critical personel only. Looks like I'm here for the duration. I'm safe where I am...its an underground bunker where our data center is....its my family that I'm worried about. Hopefully we wont see the brunt of the storm. They are really saying the worst of it will be to the east of us.

KaGee

Admiral

Better tie down the Gambler Spinner!<br /><br />EF our prayers go out to everyone down there. <br /><br />Be Safe!

LadyFish

Admiral

I've been tuned in all morning to FoxNews and the weather channel. Videos are just now coming in of some of the damage. <br /><br />Stay safe. My very best prayers and wishes that you and your family remain out of harms way ef. :( <br /><br />I pray for everyone in her path.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

We're supposed to get heavy downpours and strong thunderstorms from the hurricane remnants tomorrow afternoon/evening but I'm unconcerned. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone down south, best of luck to y'all!!!

Twidget

Commander

My wife is going nuts, her brothers and mom are in Biloxi and decided to ride it out.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

AT the 10 o'clock news they siad 55 confirmed dead in Harrison county. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

"New Orleans is Sinkin"<br /><br />Nah, the hole is just fillin up. I'm not sure anyone but the French would have built a town just there. ;)