New Orleans, dont let them wash us away....

oddjob

Commander
Yep, thats what Joe Cocker's New song is saying....last night on the Celeberty sing a thon for the Victims......Oh and Kayne West got to sing a rap us with All the Celeb's gathered around him providing support.....<br /><br />Later Morgan freeman tells us that we all need to stop pointing fingers at one another. Kayne West and the these liberals stand by what he said. <br /><br />But Morgan tells us ( who hes talking to?) stop pointing fingers...<br /><br />Too bad these folks are inserting their politics into their request for people to help. Lots of folks like me will find another agency to give to.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: New Orleans, dont let them wash us away....

"Louisiana 1927" by Randy Newman<br /><br />What has happened down here is the winds have changed<br />Clouds roll in from the north and it started to rain<br />Rained real hard and it rained for a real long time<br />Six feet of water in the streets of Evangeline<br />The river rose all day<br />The river rose all night<br />Some people got lost in the flood<br />Some people got away alright<br />The river have busted through clear down to Plaquemines<br />Six feet of water in the streets of Evangelne<br /><br />Louisiana, Louisiana<br />They're tyrin' to wash us away<br />They're tryin' to wash us away<br />Louisiana, Louisiana<br />They're tryin' to wash us away<br />They're tryin' to wash us away<br /><br />President Coolidge came down in a railroad train<br />With a little fat man with a note-pad in his hand<br />The President say, "Little fat man isn't it a shame what the river has done<br />To this poor crackers land."<br /><br />Louisiana, Louisiana<br />They're tryin' to wash us away<br />They're tryin' to wash us away<br />Louisiana, Louisiana<br />They're tryin' to wash us away<br />They're tryin' to wash us away<br />They're tryin' to wash us away<br />They're tryin' to wash us away<br /><br /> here's an interesting story about it

oddjob

Commander

Thx JTex.<br /><br />I just figured out over the weekend that was Randy Newman. I think Joe Cocker is dead. Dont ask me haw I confuse the two... :confused:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

That song was first recorded in 1974; it's about the flood of 1927.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I was upset with Randy's song before I checked on the date. No harm, no foul, you go Randy . . .

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Aaron Nevil sang that song on Larry King live last week. He did an awesome job on it too!<br /><br />he lost his house in NO too!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by oddjob:<br /> Thx JTex.<br /><br />I just figured out over the weekend that was Randy Newman. I think Joe Cocker is dead. Dont ask me haw I confuse the two... :confused:
When did Joe Cocker died? :confused: :(

oddjob

Commander

Vlad, I really dont know if he is dead...I was young and I never really seen him much...Ever since Randy came along I have confused them...