New Member/ New Fish

FearRoback

Recruit
Hello And Whats Up My brothers? just Reg today on Iboat forums. Well i guess this will be my place cause i just got a Sea Nymph. my first bass boat. its a 1983 16 ft Bass Attacker by Sea Nymph has a 40 hr merc, looks great. got some old school fishfinders with two spinning bars..lol funny ****. live well and 25lbs trol motor on ft. its going to be fun. looking under the helm their is a **** load of hanging wires, and some old time switches. so i have to go on the hunt find out witch go were, over the winter will will be re-wiring it big time. just got to find out for the time being what goes were..
i will repost late tonight w/ the info of the first test run and pictures....

Bassman02

Recruit
Re: New Member/ New Fish

Welcome ,fairly new to this forum myself, wished more people would check in .
It seems few and far between. I have questions of my own..Last year around Oct. or thereabouts,I bought a sea nymph myself. No manuals .Mines a bit newer though 16ft 1996.I have to small an Engine on it...Bassman02

Carlrobin

Recruit
Re: New Member/ New Fish

I have a 1980 Sea Nymph Fishing Machine 161 and it is in bad shape. I don't want to go into the why and wherefore of the neglect.

I have just started the restoration by pulling out what was left of the deck flooring (the remains of the plywood was only slightly more coarse than peat moss), carpeting and floatation. The boat has been outside for the better part of 5 years with little or no protection. The transom wood is shot and must be replaced. However, it will be a fun and probably long-term project as are most boat restoration jobs.

I will be posting the progress and information I find here so others may benefit from it. This being said, I found a copy of a wiring diagram for my boat which I will scan and post/send if you think it might be helpful. Before and after pictures may be posted if I can sum up the courage to post them.

Happy Fixing!