New member here

m6305

Recruit
Hello all

I joined this forum a couple of days ago. I am from Kuwait. I do not have a boat yet, but I am considering buying one soon. After my search and lots of reading I think I will be looking for a center console/walkaround in the range of 22-26 ft, and maybe in future I will upgrade to a bigger boat. I like to buy a used boat first but the choices here in Kuwait are very limited and the prices are much higher than US. Probably after more research I consider importing from US.

Meanwhile I will be browsing this great site to get more info from the more experienced members.

By the way while I was looking for boats I came across this scam site. This site has a Boston Whaler 270 Outrage (2006) for $7,900.00 USD :eek:

http://www.boatsdepot.org/boat.asp?id=3907

I will e-mail him tell him that the price is too high :D

Thanks
Bahman

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: New member here

Welcome to the Forum. I'm a new member as well and a non boat owner shopping around.

Are you from Kuwait the country near Iraq. Brings back memories of Desert Storm in 1990.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to iboats.

i would say it is a scam, has no registration numbers, or he used original brochure pictures.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome aboard.:D

What kind of fishing do you have over there?

freelancer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bahman, nice to have you onboard. When considering the make of vessel you want to purchase also consider the kind of support and service that many have locally. Getting parts and supplies over the internet is one thing but having certified service personnel and technicians is another. Good Luck.

m6305

Recruit

Thanks for welcoming me here :)

AZBoatdreamer, I was in Kuwait during the invasion and I stayed until the liberation, thanks for being a part of the operation desert storm:)

Thad, I have only a few times gone out to the sea with a friend fishing, I sill need alot to learn about boats and fishing. By the way we have no rivers here only the Gulf, but we have nice beaches and some small islands off the coast.

freelancer, thanks for your advice. The kinds of boats that I am interested are fully supported (service/parts) here. My favourate make are Boston Whaler, Pursuit, Robalo and Polar.

thanks again

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for welcoming me here :)

AZBoatdreamer, I was in Kuwait during the invasion and I stayed until the liberation, thanks for being a part of the operation desert storm:)

thanks again

Ok you are now in the Unites States. Glad I was part of the Liberation of Kuwait.