New Lund Owner....

Simnut

Cadet
Good Morning All!

Here I sit, 5 am....waiting to go pick up my new boat! :D I sold my 26' Campion about 2 months ago because I got tired of paying $300 month moorage and all the costs involved with a boat that sits in the water year around! And I've done a complete switcheroo!

I am picking up a WC 14, Mercury 20h and Roadrunner trailer today from our local dealer. I looked at a lot of used stuff around here, but a lot of it is "well used", to put it diplomatically, and I just wasn't into buying someone else's problems. I even got the wifes approval!!! :eek:

I live in Duncan , on Vancouver Islands east side and have a wide variety of areas that I can fish. If you look at a map of this area, you will see many nice water ways, inlets and islands I can fish around for salmon/cod...BUT this boat will now also allow me to get into some of the many quiet and beautiful lakes on this and many of the surrounding islands. I love salmon fishing, mostly jigging, which this boat would be great for on nice calm days. But I also love to lake fish.....get the electric motor going....camp on the beach....fall asleep at anchor while while watching a float. I think I've put together a great little package for doing a bit of both. I have many friends with larger boats if I ever want to do off shore fishing , or rougher weather fishing, so I won't be missing much of that.

This boat is great...I can sneak out of the house by myself....get to a lake and enjoy the day. With my other boat, it was more a two person adventure...just because of the size etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy fishing with my buddies..but the option to get out by myself is a GREAT option.

I drive a white Dodge Dakota R/T, white with black trim and badging....the boat is white with black trim and lettering.....it'll even look good going down the road!

I've bookmarked this forum...I'm will be a regular visitor .... and hopeful contributor!

xnyker

Recruit
Re: New Lund Owner....

I recently purchased a 20' 2001 Lund Fisherman which was hardly used and hopefully will not prove to be to many problems. I live on Prince Edward Island and I am hoping that the 20' er will be the perfect compromise in size for fishing, I have a tandem trailer for the boat but I fear it will be a 2 man job (me & the wife mostly). It has a 4.3 Volvo I/O so boating season is only from June to October and we are restricted in targeting a number of species like cod and Halibut. I have never owned a boat but have lots of experience working on the water, on ships mostly, and the last twenty or so years have been fly fishing exclusively in our small streams, so I am really excited about getting on the water this summer, but I can foresee the possibility of downsizing to something smaller with an outboard in which I can launch alone. We have no lakes to speak of so will just have to see what the summer brings.
Good luck with your boat, I will be checking in on this forum as well, as a newbie owner I expect to have lots of questions.
....Tight lines0302f9n_20.jpg

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Simnut and Xnyker, welcome to the forum and congratulations to you both on your Lund boats. Her's hoping you get many years of fond memories from them. - Ken

Simnut

Cadet

...and update!

Took the new "vessel" out her maiden trip today, down at Quamichan Lake. Was going to spend a couple of hours going through the break in cycle for the new engine..which I did for the first hour. But, for some strange reason, I brought my fishing gear with me...and...yup.....the next couple of hours was spent fishing! :D What can I say? I also rigged up a new Minn Kota trolling motor yesterday, so I figured I better test that out too! Well, the boat is not a virgin anymore! Caught a nice 2lb cutthroat in the first 15 minutes....numerous "interests" in the lure and 3 thrown back in.

So, the boat/motor/motor work exactly as I wished, and the fishing was a bonus for today's trip.

Oh, here are a couple of pictures of the new "toy".

Attachments

• DSC_1300.jpg
    DSC_1300.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_1305.jpg
    DSC_1305.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0

jgbolduc

Recruit

I know the feeling...I was up all night anticipating picking up my new Lund 1775 Impact this past weekend. Such a great feeling to finally have it in my possesion. I went back and forth for whats seems months on whether or not to go used, or new. Finally I opted for new. Pay more up front, but hopefully less problems. Needless to say I look forward to hitting the water and enjoying whats left of the season. Best of luck to you and congrats! Tight lines!!