New Jersey

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New Jersey

Yea i think its best<br /><br />(8/12/04 - TRENTON, NJ) — In a stunning declaration, Gov. James E. McGreevey acknowledged that he had an extramarital affair with another man and announced his resignation Thursday.

SCO

Lieutenant

Ok, whats the punch line :eek: . Anybody notice he's a DEMOCRAT????? (Sorry JB, just joking around with the label thing)

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

Steve, California supreme court overturned 40k same sex marrages, think NJ is about to have a Rush.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

(Sorry JB, just joking around with the label thing) <br /><br />Democrat in this case is not a label it is an affiliation.

crab bait

Captain

I KNEW IT..!! i always knew that litlle sucker loved men.. <br /><br />got poor sense of hearing,, but got good sense of gaydar..

PW2

Commander

This is pretty disgusting...<br /><br />Not that he had an affair or that he had a gay affair.<br /><br />Not that somehow he discovered that after all these years he was gay.<br /><br />The disgusting part was as near as I could tell he appointed his lover, an Israeli native, as NJ's homeland security director--a position he could not get security clearance for and was clearly unqualified for.<br /><br />This was a simple example of a corrupt politician out for his own rewards at the expense of the people he was supposed to represent.<br /><br />And neither the dems nor the repubs have a monopoly on these sorts of charlatans, I am afraid.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> (Sorry JB, just joking around with the label thing) <br /><br />Democrat in this case is not a label it is an affiliation.
Didn't you mean an affliction, Pointer? :p

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

The Jersey Gov and wife have been featured on New York City area TV commercials for a long time asking people to vacation in Jersey and especially at the ocean shore, I mean he seems so normal what with the wifey poo alongside that when I heard the news it blew me away. ;)

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

PW2, I feel that's why he left office. If he was just gay there's no reason to resign. If it was just an affair he could probably get away with that too, until the election. The problem is just what you said, he put his foreign, non-citizen, gay lover in charge of this state's homeland security, AFTER 9-11. That fact alone was going to do him in for sure, he just did the 'right' thing by resiging and saving us all the headache. I put 'right' in quotes because if he really wanted to do the right thing he would resign immediately and let US choose his successor in November, instead he remained spineless as is his character and chose a date that secures his party's place in the office.

SoulWinner

Commander

Two things regarding this story: <br /><br />First, in the commerscials for the New Jersey tourism board, he said "come out" to Jersey. Hmmmmm....vewy interwesting..... <br /><br />Second, the other night I think some guys were sporting about down at the local Fax television studio, becuase during their regular broadcast the sound went off and the "News Alert" banner flashed on the screen, then a voice came on and stated, "this just in, the Governor of New Jersey still gay." I know it's juvenile, but I LMAO.