New Inflatable.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Just got back frm Korea and one of the children presents me with a new inflatable for the newboat for my birthday / fathers day which happened during my absence. :D
It is an Airhead "Big Slice" 2 rider, 60" diameter.
Anyone have any experience with this model ?? I would be interested to hear. :)
Thanks,
Ken.

MCFLYIN

Seaman Apprentice
Re: New Inflatable.

I just picked up a new Airhead Finish Line from Dicks Sporting Goods for an awesome price. 3 rider tube. Were going to check it out this weekend. I couldnt find to many reviews on it but were going to give it a whirl.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well, we and the tube are heading out to the campground for the weekend this afternoon. I will post results on how we find it.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Tube was great. Worked well for a single rider. Would not fancy 2 riders on it though unless they were small.

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We have a bandwagon 1+1 and love it. It is perfect for two adults and stable enough for small kids too.

scb1712

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We've got an Airhead big slice 2 person tube as well. We often have two adults on it with no problem. However it gets trickier to hang on with 2 people as you've got less room to move around. Amazingly, no one has been elbowed in the face either. The only challenge we have with ours is that lighter riders have difficulty on it riding solo. The tube tends to nose dive with lighter riders on it (particularly women). Not sure if it is a centre of gravity thing or what?? We've tried with and without a booster ball with the same result.

IMG_2381.jpgIMG_1687.jpg

possum2082

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We've got an Airhead big slice 2 person tube as well. We often have two adults on it with no problem. However it gets trickier to hang on with 2 people as you've got less room to move around. Amazingly, no one has been elbowed in the face either. The only challenge we have with ours is that lighter riders have difficulty on it riding solo. The tube tends to nose dive with lighter riders on it (particularly women). Not sure if it is a centre of gravity thing or what?? We've tried with and without a booster ball with the same result.

we used to have the same problem with our 2 man "tiki warrior" tube, but then we learned to just have the riders keep their center of gravity on the back of the tube until the tube starts to plane. this is easy with our tube b/c it has some hand straps on the center of the tube to hang onto while you're hanging out on the back during take off.