New Hampshire

Fly Rod

Commander
:)A few friends and I, did our annual one week fishing trip to the Androscoggin River, along the 13 mile woods area around Erroll N.H.!!!!<br /><br />The weather was excellent!!! Plenty of brooktrout and rainbows in the 14-18" class were caught and some released!!!!<br /><br />One of our friends is a real classic, type of guy that just doesn't get it right, like trying to net a fish from the tail end!!! Well this fella hooks and plays a nice brookie, using a yellow Mepps spinner and gets the fish within distance of where he can see it and sees that it is a big fish, a good size brookie, biggest fish he has ever had on a line!!! sure enough he gets the fish within the reach of his net and you can guess which end he tried to net, fish takes off and breaks the line, "bye, bye"!!!<br /><br />Next day I go and fish the same area!!! First couple of fish were 14-16" fish and then I hook on to a fish that felt that it was a decent fish!!! After playing the fish for a few minutes all I was seeing was the tail once in a while!!! Finally had the fish within eye sight and new it was a good fish, walked the fish to shore and landed a nice 5lb.3oz. brookie with a yellow mepps spinner in the corner of it's mouth!!! Couldn't wait to get back to camp and taunt my friend of what he could have caught!!!<br /><br />Ended up giving him the fish and the lure!!! ;) :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: New Hampshire

Sounds like a blast FR. I was up there as well, just a little north of you in Colebrook this past weekend. Did you see any wildlife? I saw 3 moose and a black bear. We caught plenty of brookies, but none the size you caught. It is amazing how much better the Androscoggin is now as opposed to when I was growing up...Berlin doesn't stink nearly as bad as it used to. <br /><br />When I was a kid we had a camp on Acres Pond in Errol. When I went in the Corps, my dad sold it for 15K. That place is worth at least 10 times that now, it just kills me.

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: New Hampshire

;) Hello gaugeguy!!!<br /><br />That was rhe biggest brookie that I have ever caught!!! Usaully the brookies that I catch are 14-16"!!!<br /><br />Use to fish around Colebrook!!! There was a religeous monument across the street from the motel!!!! Fished Little and Big Diamond Pond and a few rivers that come out of the lakes above Pittsburg!!!!<br /><br />Enjoy the season!!! ;) :cool: