New Glassmaster Owner

bradw

Recruit
Hey all! Just purchased my first boat! I grew up on boats, but this is the first that I have personally owned (not owned by my parents) and it's very exciting. I remember my grand-dad having a boat that looked just like this one about 10 years ago, i don't remember much about that one except that it looked like this one.

Mine is a 1969 Glassmaster 15.5 ft open bow tri-hull... not sure the exact model name, i keep forgetting to look. It has a 70hp Chrysler engine that runs pretty good, bow and anchor lights work great, brand new depth finder, new battery and 4 new swivel seats in the boat. Has a 6 gallon gas tank too. New tires, axle, leaf springs and swivel jack on the trailer, and i got her for $850 including the boat and trailer! with Registration and transfer of titles and everything it came to a total of $975 and she's ready and legal for the water. And... I'm the THIRD owner of this boat, i bought it from a man who purchased it in 1972. (PS - i was born in 1984, crazy). Check her out, any tips on owning an older boat with a 2 cycle engine? We always had newer boats with oil and gas that were separate. I have some more pics on my home computer including some side views and better view of the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0584.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0

1976GM

Cadet
Re: New Glassmaster Owner

Congratulations on your new boat! She looks good too and by the price you stated, it sounds like you got a great deal. I bought my first boat almost 2 months ago too. It's a 1976 model Glassmaster Daytona, and I'm the second owner. So far it has been a great boat, solid and water tight! Hope you get years of enjoyment out of her.
boat002.jpg

boat006.jpg

boat003.jpg

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral
Re: New Glassmaster Owner

Congrats!

I had the decked bow version of the same boat and spent many hours in it, exploring the bayous here in Louisiana. Mine was powered by a pair of Evinrude 35hp motors topped out in the mid-thirties. I think your boat will be faster though, just because you have the same horsepower but less drag with only one lower unit in the water.

One little trick that I discovered with mine is to back off of the power in rough water, so that the bow of the boat kicks up. This tends to push the spray from waves down and results in an amazingly dry boat for a 15 footer!