New fishing buddy

bucken

Cadet
On 06/25/08 I got a new buddy
With the wife and I working different schedules it gets somewhat lonely around here.
The kids have all moved on.(again)
My new buddy is a tort doublemaned lionhead rabbit.4 months old.
Look em up. They are cute.
Had a giant lop many years ago.
My new buddy is named Midget Man.
Took about an hour to litter train him.He has full run of the house.(it's tiled)
He only leaves a black pea when he is startled or senses danger.
He is a little shy right now but that is to be expected,with the move and all.
He will come to me and eat fruit out of my hand and come up and smell my feet.(He's braver than I am.)
Haven't worked on picking him up yet,that will take some time.It will have to be on his schedule.But then again there are some rabbits that refuse to be handled.Some are perfectly content just to sit next to you.
He lives in a closet (with the door removed.)Use a baby gate as a barrier for now.When he figures out he can chew through that I'll have to beef it up.
When I clap softly and tell him it's time to go home,he goes right in.then I give him a treat so he doesn't see it as punishment..
He came up to me twice today and gave me the rabbit purr which is a grinding of the teeth.
This could be the start of something wonderful.

Bass Tracker TX17

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New fishing buddy

Interesting little fella.

Hope he gets comfortable enough to get on the boat with ya. :D

Maybe get a little box/bed type deal so you can switch it to the boat and he still has his own space.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

one of my grandfathers wives, had a huge rabbit, that responded to voice commands, walked on a leash, etc, basically a dog, in rabbit clothing.

Wotknot

Petty Officer 1st Class

He came up to me twice today and gave me the rabbit purr which is a grinding of the teeth.

Sure he's not sharpening them? ......... he might be a "closet carnivore" :rolleyes:

Phantom_II

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sure he's not sharpening them? ......... he might be a "closet carnivore" :rolleyes:

That's entirely possible. I watched an historical docudrama called Monty Python and the Holy Grail. A factual account of King Arthur and his divine quest, and in one scene, King Arthur and his valiant knights encountered a truly vicious rabbit guarding the Cave of Caerbannog. The rabbit actually decapitated several of the doughty warriors before finally being dispatched by the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

Have a care! Things are not always what they seem.