New Engine Couple questions

I installed and finally figured out how my new engine is wired up, thanks you guys for the help. Just had a couple questions. My engine (brand new rebuild 4.3L) has been sitting for a little over a year. I put oil in it before I bumped the ignition on to make sure my wiring was correct. It turned over, but I shut it down within 2 seconds (just a quick bump), as I dont have my manifolds on yet. Anyhow, I told my dad about this and he said that I may have caused damage or scoring to the piston sleeves and that I should have poured oil into the spark plug holes before I turned it over because its been sitting so long. Is this true? Should I do that before I try to turn it over again? Over the past year, I did turn the crank pully a few times so that it wasnt sitting in the same place, but thats all ive done. Thanks again for the info fellas.:)

Quack

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New Engine Couple questions

A year or 2 isn't that big a deal after a couple, years I like to prime the system by running the pump. But the cylinders will be fine. Being as it's brand new, there should still be oil in the cylinders from installing the pistons during rebuild.