New/different/used boat

samagee

Chief Petty Officer
Hello all.<br /><br />Over the weekend I bought another project boat. I am selling the old Chrysler 15 foot tri-hull. The old one gave me some good use over the last two years that I have had it. I looked at what I was going to put into the old one, and saw this deal I stumbled onto last Friday and decided to buy this other one. It is a 1986 Bayliner Capri with a Volvo Penta motor. The owner was desperate for money, and he abused the boat. So I have my work cut out for me. I think there will be much joy in descovering this new girls secrets over the next few months. ;)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: New/different/used boat

I have a suggestion. I've worked on a few of those and there was no form of filter between the tank and carburetor whatsoever. Not even a strainer on the pick-up in the tank. I strongly advise installing a spin-on filter kit.<br /><br />Parting with the old Chrysler, eh? Those are the coolest looking closed-bow trihulls out there. They ride like a lumber wagon in choppy water, though. That Bayliner will definately be an improvement in the Comfort factor. Don't expect much speed. Your Chrysler hay have been a tad faster.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New/different/used boat

Boat topic.