New Carjacking Scheme

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
From: Lieutenant Tony Bartolome, Florida Highway Patrol<br /><br />You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. Then<br />you lock all your doors, start the engine and shift into REVERSE, and<br />you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space and<br />you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.<br /><br />So, you shift into PARK, unlock your doors and jump out of your car<br />to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. <br />When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers<br />appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off! Your engine was<br />running, (ladies would have their purse in the car) and they practically<br />mow you down as they speed off in your car.<br /><br />BE AWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.<br /><br />Just drive away, and remove the paper that is stuck to your window<br />later, and be thankful that you read this email. I hope you will<br />forward this to friends and family...especially to women!<br /><br />A purse contains all of your identification, and you certainly do NOT<br />want someone getting your home address. They already HAVE your keys!<br /><br />Lieutenant Tony Bartolome<br />Bureau of Investigations, Florida Highway Patrol<br />P.O. Box 593527<br />Orlando, FL 32859<br />(407) 858-3233<br /><br />I know this sounds like it won't work, but I guess it has or he would not have put it out on the WWW.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: New Carjacking Scheme

As much as insurance, car, and medical bills is, there should be more stiffer penalties for those career criminals. People use to get hanged for stealing your horse. A car should be no different.<br /><br />Thanks Spinner, I'll pass that along to the mrs.<br /><br />Last winter a scumbag tried to get into my wifes car. Lucky there was a cop behind her that the idiot didn't see. The idiot found out he was there the hard way. She is now more cautious about putting her purse on the passenger seat. She now puts it on the floorboard.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Dang right it is. I don't care what snopes says.<br />I bet if one of snopes ladys had this happen, it would change it's story.<br /><br />Besides, it never came from this Grarnel(sp) person or whatever his name was, it came from the above mentioned Florida Hwy patrol officer.<br />He is not a hoax for sure, just do a search on him.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

SS Mayfloat <br />Commander <br />Member # 1598 <br /><br /> posted September 13, 2005 04:31 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />As much as insurance, car, and medical bills is, there should be more stiffer penalties for those career criminals. People use to get hanged for stealing your horse. A car should be no different. <br />__________________________________________________________________<br /><br />Ditto!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Snopes merely tries to confirm that the events described actually happened.<br /><br />If they cant confirm it, it is considered untrue.<br /><br />But it is certainly possible.<br /><br />Ken

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

and creative. why don't these crooks put these creative energies into legit werk?????????

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Not only that, not everybody in the world is attached to email chains, and not everybody reads forums.<br /><br />Criminals know this. <br /><br />There is certainly nothing that says this CAN'T become a trend.