New carb needed - Tohatsu 6hp

GWUISTER

Cadet
I have been wanting to upgrade my Tohatsu 2004 4hp with a 6hp carb. None of the local Nissan/Tohatsu dealers will order one for me. They want me to bring the motor in and work on it for me. <br />Is there a dealer on the internet that I can order it from?<br />I even tried to order the 3 carb parts that are specific to the 6hp but am told they are not available.<br />Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Greg

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New carb needed - Tohatsu 6hp

You are wasting your time and trying to waste your money, Greg. The dealers are doing you a favor.<br /><br />Without other major modifications you are not going to increase useful performance by 50%. You may increase top rpm but torque will not be noticably affected at normal operating speeds.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Any Nissan, Tohatsu or Mercury dealer can order you the 6 hp carb. You do have to order the complete carb as one of the air jets is not replaceable. At $175.00 for a new carb it may or may not be worthwhile to get the increase in power.

the only difference between the 4 and the 6 is the carb. i say its worth it. thats under 100 buck per horsepower.<br /><br />I have a question, i have the same motor and im having a problem with the internal tank. with the external, it runs all day. with the internal, it stops after 5 minutes. there is some kind of blockage in the hoses<br /><br />happen 2 u?

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Has to be a problem specific to that section of the fuel system.