New Canoe

CapCrunch

Cadet
Was at a ramp at a small lake in Pennsylvania when a family of four (husband, wife, 10 yr old boy and 7 yr old girl) pulled up to lanch what was obviously their brand new canoe. Everything was new - canoe, PFDs, coolers, camera, etc. The husband loads the kids and gear in the canoe while wifey stands and observes. As Pop steps in the canoe, the whole thing tips and dumps kids, Pop and gear in water. Everyone at ramp helps pull them out while wifey just stands and observes. When all is finally under control, the wife looks at husband and says, "Well, how do you like it so far?"

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: New Canoe

Sounds to me like the wife never wanted the canoe in the first place and is going to hold this incident over her husband's head for years.<br /><br />Sad. Canoes don't make great first boats, IMHO. They're fine, if you like canoes, but they aren't great family boats.<br /><br />I predict this canoe will be sitting beside the garage most of the time. Eventually, it'll be for sale at a great price.

ehenry

Commander

I got an old flat back 16ft grumman thats a hoot with 4 horse johnson on the back.

CATransplant

Admiral

I had one of those, and loved it. It wasn't my first boat, though. I caught lots of fish out of that Grumman, and wish I still had it.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I had a 16' Gheenoe. You could stand up and fly-fish out of that thing.<br /><br />I plan to have another one of those boats one day.

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think canoes are great for fishing , you just got to get use to it. As a teenager my parents gave me a canoe to freshwater fish , its a great experience . I even went rock(stripe bass) fishing in a large canoe we had .