new boat

tymtogo69

Cadet
just bought a 1992 glasstream 180SE with 4.3 volvo penta duo prop outdrive. I am really happy with the boat and its performance. anyone have any experience with this boat or outdrive? other then being expensive to maintain and repair what about the duo prop? and whats the purpose of two props? Is it just for better wholeshots or is there other advantages?

Thanks, Lee

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: new boat

thats a fantastic power plant and drive system. one of the best combos out there, in the small engines.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

A duo prop serves a bunch of purposes. It counter reacts the torque found in a single screw, does give higher top end speed in many cases and will at the same time reduce fuel consumption. As Tashasdaddy said it is one awesome unit. Find someone with a similiar boat with only a single prop and drive it - the difference will be quite evident. It's as close to bulletproof as them come. :D

tymtogo69

Cadet

thanks for the info. i haven't been able to really open her up yet 'cause it kinda scares the wife a bit. Previous owner said hes had it up to 64mph. I'll be taking it out by myself later in the week and give her a good workout.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

The wife will get used to it,:eek: Mine did and now she has gets a big smile on her face:D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

scare hell out of her, she will want to stay home, then you can really have fun. just kidding. mine sits on the floor when i go to WOT.

tymtogo69

Cadet

yea, she does better everytime we go out. Wouldn't want her to stay home all the time though. We just like to cruise around with our Boxer and enjoy the scenery! Whats the best way to get a 80# dog back in the boat after going for a swim? He really loves the water and wants to jump in, but we are afraid he won't be able to get back on board!